Thursday, October 30, 2008

District Dept. of Transportation and their efforts to promote less cars

I have officially moved to DC and it is an exciting time for me! What's exciting for me is learning about a new city and its efforts on becoming a more sustainable community. From recycling, bike-sharing programs, natural gas buses, and the metro system, all these things excite me and I can't wait to get involved and make a difference or advocate for a sustainable change and social shift to a better and more responsible society. My friend gave me an article (because he knows I'm into this stuff) about the district's efforts on implementing more bike lanes and promoting an infrastructure that condones a safe and reliable environment to ride bikes all over the district and beyond the beltway. Here is the link. Enjoy!

http://newsroom.dc.gov/show.aspx/agency/ddot/section/2/release/15264/year/2008

No comments: