Monday, February 16, 2009

Physically Separated Bike Lanes

It's been a while since I've contributed to my blog...a lot has happened since then...I walked in the Inaugural Parade representing Peace Corps and took my first job since Peace Corps.

In any case, I watch a lot of video blogs from http://www.streetfilms.org/ They are a video blog website that documents different urban and bicycle planning projects that are happening in the country and other parts of the world. They explain how a project started and the impacts it has had on the community, as well as making it an effort for people to realize their potential for demanding change.

I would like to see more physically separated bike lanes in my new home of Washington, DC. Attached is the video from streetfilms that explains why it is such an ingenious and safe way to promote more bicycling and gas-free transport.

Click here to watch the short video describing the importance of physically separated bike lanes

No comments: